Saturday, January 16, 2010

Triple Trouble

So another triple session today!

5.30am squad swim, main set was 4 x 4 x 100m with recovery of 20s/15s/10s/5s between each block of 4 x 100m - felt good and managed to swim each 100m around 1.32 - 1.35 and did not drop off at the end when the rest decreased.

12noon (not a great time to run in 35degree heat - but no other choice) did 4 x 1mile repeats with 8mins recovery. 1st decision run 2 lap course from home, about 1 mile maybe slightly over, or go down the road to where I do my bike intervals and my 10km run TT - chose home, this turned out to be a good decision as I needed the toilet after the 2nd rep!!

Managed these in 7.08 / 7.06 / 7.13 / 7.18 - these were hard, by the last rep I was hangin on for dear life - my legs were absolutely shot - how on earth was I going to do the 3rd session and go out for dinner and a movie?

5.30pm last session of the day - thankfully very short, 10 - 1 of burpees / squats / situps managed this in 7mins 10secs - had to slightly modify the burpees as I have a really sore right calf, I think I may have strained it.

Was so hungry I thought I could eat half a cow! Had a nice Thai meal of chicken and veggies washed down with a lovely coconut water drink. Off to cinema, managed to stay awake and actually felt pretty good, did not get to bed till later than I would have liked but can always have a power nap on Saturday :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job on all 3! You are working hard! Glad to see that you had time for the movies too...and impressed you could stay awake. :) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete