Thursday, January 28, 2010

200's

Today as part of my taper week I "only" have to run 8 x 200m with 2min recovery

I feel soooo good and bursting with energy this taper week is definitely having the right effect.

I was supposed to run at 75% and I didn't I ran harder, not quite 100% but not far off, now I have the opposite problem - when I need to work harder I sometimes hold back and now I need to work less hard and I can't hold back!!!

Anyway splits were as follows (ran out and back so up and downhill slightly)

Reps 1 – 3 – 5 – 7
44s / 41s / 39s / 40s

Reps 2 – 4 – 6 – 8
46s / 43s / 41s / 40s

Also having deep tissue sports massage this afternoon as part of my taper / race preparations for Sunday :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on Sunday. I can't wait to read your race report.

    ReplyDelete