Wednesday, April 21, 2010

An off day today :(

Following on from how I felt yesterday - today was a bit of an off day

Had a 10km Run TT this morning, I knew it would not be good, so I focused on visualising myself running at the 1/2 ironman in a couple of weeks and aimed to run at the pace that I wanted t run there, time wise this was good for a 1/2 marathon but crap for a 10km.

My hamstrings and glutes played up again today, after seeming to be better over the last week and a half - this made the run very unpleasant, I so want to be able to run without any pain

2nd WOD I did at lunchtime which was 5 x 5 DL - again this was hard work, mainly because my glutes and hamstrings were definitely restricting me and I am disappointed with the weight lifted - I nearly gave up after 3 sets - in fact I was walking out of the garage when I told myself "to toughen up princess" and went back and did the last 2 sets - I lifted 60/65/67.5/70/72.5kg - I would have liked to lift 75 & 77.5kg but it was not happening today

Here's hoping tomorrow is better, I'm back at the physio tomorrow & was feeling really positive about the body until the last couple of days - I need to keep my spirit up and a positive attitude as my race is only 10 days away and I know I am in shape to break 5hrs

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jane,

    Focus on how fresh you'll be for your race. The important thing will be to stay well for the next 10 days. I am sure you'll achieve your goal with all the work you've done.

    ReplyDelete