Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Half a 1/2 marathon!

Since my race at the weekend when I suffered with a tight butt running (again) have been to see physio & he thinks I have a bit of hamstring tendonitis due to the tight pirformis muscles so had some massage & accupressure needles + some self treatment

Tuesday I did 5 x 3 shoulder press, very happy with results 25/27.5/30/32.5/35kg my best is 30kg

Weds (today) I had a 1/2 marathon to run, physio told me I probably only had a 10km in me and not to run if I started to get the tightness back, well I thought I would be ok so off I went on the same course that I ran before - I took it a bit easy and felt really comfortable no issues with butt managed 10km in a very slow time then turned round to run back, got to about 12km and things started to tighten up managed to make 15km before I had to stop and walk the rest of the way home. My butt tightened, then this extended down my hamstrings to the backs of my knees and to top it off my thighs decided to join the we're all tight club - so trying to be sensible I stopped and walked.

Jumped in the spa when I got home and had a stretch too, hopefully not done too much damage and have to keep on with the self treatment and back to physio next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment