Thursday, March 4, 2010

All good now :)

Managed to get in to see the physio today & yes it is the TP work that I have been doing!

Apparently I have made my muscles too "loose" and then lost stability so have to restrict TP work to twice a week & not before a running day + have to do core stability exercises every day.

Am happy that it is fairly minor and something I can fix quickly :)

So last night as I couldn't run I did 5 x 500m rows on 3mins 20secs managed 1.59 / 1.59 / 1.59 / 2.01 / 2.01 very happy with these.

This morning had 4 x 5km bike intervals with 3mins recovery.

Tonight was AMRAP 15mins 20 box jumps / 5 x 25kg push press / 10 burpees - 6 rounds + 16 box jumps

I found the box jumps as usual hard, but I decided to do these on the 18" box instead of the 24" as I can only jump on the 24" and step down & I want to try and jump up and jump down continuously - this is sooo hard, but I got better with every round on the 6th round managed to do 4 x 5 jumps in a row and on the last 16 jumps did 10 in a row followed by 5 & 1

Body seemed to hold up well, back is a little sore, but I did have it needled by the physio.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent! Glad to hear it was a quick fix! Good luck this weekend at the CY O'Connor Tri - is it a sprint or an International race! We'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're doing better!!

    ReplyDelete