Monday, March 8, 2010

Loss of Power!

Following the races at the weekend I had 5 x 800m run at 80% with 2min rest today, had to give this up & sub it with rowing instead.

There was no way I could run, it was more of a shuffle :(

Managed 3.20 / 3.23 / 3.24 / 3.22 / 3.23

Saw the physio at lunchtime and he did some more needling on my back & glutes & went over the stability exercises that he wants me to continue to do - he thinks that I will recover pretty soon providing I do the stability work and I'm not allowed to trigger point for another week!

Tonight I had 7 x 1 Deadlifts and wanted to improve what I did in January - that was a pie in the sky aspiration as I started at 60kg and it was soooo heavy - I managed to lift exactly the same as in January but every lift was hard, in fact I only just managed the last couple of lifts.

I have definitely lost some power and strength with this stability thing so lots of work to do to recover the stability and consequently my power and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment